Mastering Bedroom Organization: A Guide to Tidy Closets, Neat Dressers, and Serene BedroomsOct 01, 2023
A well-organized bedroom is not only aesthetically pleasing but also conducive to relaxation and better sleep. It's where you start and end your day, and clutter can quickly become a source of stress. In this blog post, we'll explore the art of bedroom organization, focusing on three key areas: the bedroom, the closet, and the dresser. With some straightforward steps, you can transform your bedroom into a serene and clutter-free oasis.
Bedroom organization starts with the room itself. Here are some steps to create a peaceful atmosphere:
- Declutter First: Start by decluttering your bedroom. Remove any items that don't belong in the bedroom, such as dishes, paperwork, or exercise equipment. Keep only what's necessary for rest and relaxation.
- Invest in Storage Furniture: Consider investing in furniture that doubles as storage, like ottomans with hidden storage or a bed with built-in drawers. These pieces can help you maximize space and reduce clutter. One of my favourite is the UNFOLD sofa sleeper. I have an Unfold sofa sleeper at my cabin and have turned a sunroom into a multifunctional room. The beautiful thing about their sofa sleepers is that you can have one space act as two rooms. Its a fantastic option to use in a room to have the versatility of a guest room and an office with a sofa. You can use my code GOSIMPLIFIED for $400 of your order!
- Use Wall Shelves: Install wall shelves to display items like books, plants, or decorative items. This clears surfaces and adds a touch of personality to your bedroom. (CAN Link, US Link)
- Under-Bed Storage: Utilize the space under your bed for storage. You can use under-bed storage bins or drawers to keep items like shoes, seasonal clothing, or extra linens neatly tucked away. (CAN Link, US Link)
- Maintain a Minimalist Nightstand: Keep your nightstand clutter-free by placing only essentials like a lamp, alarm clock, and a book you're currently reading. Consider a nightstand with drawers for additional storage.
A well-organized closet makes getting dressed in the morning a breeze and ensures your clothing stays in good condition. Here's how to achieve closet nirvana:
- Declutter Your Wardrobe: Regularly go through your clothes and accessories and remove items you no longer wear or need. Donate or sell items in good condition and discard anything beyond repair.
- Categorize Clothing: Organize your clothes by category (e.g., shirts, pants, dresses) and then further by color or season. This makes it easy to find what you need.
- Invest in Quality Hangers: Replace wire hangers with felt hangers. These prevent clothes from slipping off and maintain the shape of your garments. (CAN Link, US Link)
- Use Drawer Organizers: Drawer organizers can keep smaller items like socks, underwear, and accessories neatly separated and easy to find. (CAN Link, US Link)
- Seasonal Rotation: Store off-season clothing in vacuum-sealed bags or bins. This frees space in your closet for the clothes you're currently wearing. (CAN Link, US Link)
Your dresser is a key component of bedroom organization, and it's where you store items you use daily. Here's how to keep it tidy:
- Fold Clothes Efficiently: Learn to fold clothes efficiently, using techniques like the accordion fold method, to maximize drawer space and prevent wrinkles.
- Drawer Dividers: Use drawer dividers to separate different types of clothing, such as socks, underwear, and T-shirts. This prevents items from getting mixed up and disorganized. (CAN Link, US Link)
- Keep the Top Clear: Resist the urge to clutter the top of your dresser with knick-knacks. Instead, display a few carefully chosen items or keep it entirely clear for a clean look. This will also help you when it comes time to clean.
- Regular Maintenance: Take a few minutes each week to tidy up your dresser, returning items to their proper places and ensuring everything remains organized.
A well-organized bedroom, closet, and dresser can transform your daily routine and create a peaceful, stress-free space. Remember that organization is an ongoing process. Regularly assess your bedroom and storage systems to maintain order. By following these tips, you can create a bedroom that promotes relaxation and sets the stage for a more organized life overall. Sweet dreams!
For a complete guide to organizing your bedroom, closet and accessories CLICK HERE to get Simplified’s Primary Bedroom, Closet and Jewelry Guide